DEF VideoSeries Recap from Thursday, April 23, 2020
Thanks again to our participants of last night’s webinar, including presenters Dr. Brad Glick and TJ Chao!
- The advice, information, and guidance we provide is based on the most updated data and information available. The current regulatory situation in the U.S. remains extremely fluid, so please follow the guidance provided by your practices, collaborative agreements, supervising physicians, or state licensing boards to ensure that you are maintaining compliance, as some of may continue to provide care to patients during this pandemic. In addition, we urge you to follow mandates and direction provided to you by your state and local government. Legal requirements and employment laws may vary between states, so please confirm state-specific guidance with your local legal and financial experts.
- Our dermatology NP and PA community continues to benefit from collectively shared information and experiences! We hope the DEF VideoSeries can help in some way with that!
- Our discussion with Dr. Glick about the dermatologic manifestations of COVID-19 was right on time! From the typical to peculiar, we covered a lot for patient’s and healthcare worker’s experience. Thank you to everyone who commented about what they had seen, as well, in practice!
- See the attached information for the handout, as well as more information on all of the available dermatology patient registries that are available for general derm (AAD), psoriasis (both NPF and IPC), and for atopic dermatitis/eczema, irritable bowel disorder, and hidradenitis suppurativa. The more we share, the more we’ll learn!
- TJ Chao’s thoughts on his use of teledermatology and the protocols and expectations for his Georgia-based practice that is set to re-open tomorrow was eye opening. We look forward to hearing more from him in the future and wish everyone in those states who are returning to work in the office safety and health!
- We have on our Blog page at https://dermnppa.org/blog/ a DEF COVID-19 NP/PA Needs Survey and we’ve been excited about the response we’ve gotten, but we need more feedback. Please take the time to complete the anonymous survey now at https://dermnppa.org/def-covid-19-np-pa-needs-survey/
Continue to email us at [email protected] if you have suggestions for topics for upcoming webinars or further questions we might be able to help with in the future!