- Describe recent advances in biologic drug development, regulations, and indications in immune-mediated inflammatory diseases (IMIDs), with emphasis on psoriasis, PsA and AD.
- Critically appraise and discuss relevant evidence on pathophysiology and immunology as applied to psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis and atopic dermatitis.
- Develop strategies to predict, prevent, and treat potential side effects and complications encountered with biologic agents.
- Review data regarding associated comorbid conditions associated with psoriasis, PsA, and AD including but not limited to cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, and depression.
- Analyze recent investigations on safety, efficacy, and toxicity of biologic agents across IMIDs.
- Through case-based presentation and discussion panels, summarize updates in diagnosis, classification, therapies, and immune-system targets in psoriasis, PsA, and AD and describe their clinical implications.
DEF Biologic & Small Molecule Regional CME Bootcamp Faculty
The nationally known thought leadership who will present and participate in discussion panels throughout the Bootcamps includes the following psoriasis and AD experts:
April Armstrong, MD, MPH
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California
DAVID E. COHEN, MD, MPH
Ronald O. Perelman Department of Dermatology
Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs
Director of Occupational Environmental and Allergic Dermatology
New York University
New York, NY
Kara S. Gooding, MMS, PA-C
JOSEPH GORELICK, MSN, FNP-C
California Skin Institute
San Jose-Los Gatos, CA
Adam Friedman, MD, FAAD
Professor and Interim Chair of Dermatology
WENDY CANTRELL, CRNP, DNP
Doctor of Nursing Practice
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
The DEF Regional Biologic Bootcamp CME Program is approved for AMA PRA Category I credit through joint providership of the DEF, Physician Resources, LLC and Evolve Medical Education, LLC. Each program is estimated to be 7 hours of CME/CE credits with a total of 21.0 hours for the Biologic Bootcamp Series.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Dermatology Education Foundation, Evolve Medical Education, LLC, and Physician Resources, LLC. Evolve Medical Education, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Evolve Medical Education, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Surveys will be utilized and collated pre-meeting, onsite, and post-meeting. During the registration process and prior to the Bootcamp, a survey will be conducted. Audience response system monitoring will be conducted onsite and follow-up electronic surveys will be conducted post-meeting to assess the learning objectives and other key measurements.